Thursday, June 9, 2011

unfinished.

I have this bad habit of starting projects but not finishing them. Two examples are the it-was-supposed-to-be-a-duck, but now it's an owl crocheted toy thing, and the braided rug made from vintage sheets. I'm not sure what happened to the cross stitched pansy sampler I began when I was seven, but I think it's still in my mom's cross stitch bag. And the booties for baby K? They sat without buttons for months. Cleaning the house? I did start...

I'm a work in progress, too, and I'm glad to know that God's not finished with me. Someday, though.

Today I completely screwed up my priorities. We were visiting friends, and suffice it to say, I put my friends before my hubby. It was inconsiderate and thoughtless of me. I realized (again) just how much I need God's help to be anywhere near good, and how much I need my husband. He is such a forgiving man, even when I really upset him.

I'm glad that I'm not finished yet. I can see that I have a lot of growing to do, and I hope that I'm always malleable and able to change to be better. And to finish what I start. And to put my priorities in order.

No comments: