Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day - just a peek!

Happy belated Valentine’s Day! I hope yours was full of beautiful blessings and reminders of how much you are loved.
heart shaped pizza - yes!
I made a couple of things for my dear husband to celebrate our love:

Ten romantic date night coupons – I cut 3”x3” squares of paperboard (thinner than cardboard, heavier than cardstock or cereal boxes) and covered them on both sides with one of four kinds of scrapbook paper. There had to be music notes, of course, since we’re both musicians. I then cut hearts out of a sheet of handmade art paper given to me by a friend, and glued those onto five of the squares. In my scrapbooking and card-making stash, I have quite a few scrap papers, and the copper metallic paper was just begging to be added in the form of hearts.
I added handwritten verses from Song of Songs to finish off the romantic front of the cards.

Something else was needed, though, so I got out my kraft paper and made envelopes for them, numbering them 1-10 with stickers.
 

Inspiration struck again, and I penned lines from our first dance song onto the front of the envelopes.
 
Finally, I tied them all up with ribbon.
 
He was thrilled, by the way!

Our weekend was filled with togetherness…
 

…snuggling…
 
…more snuggling…
 
…and pizza, of course!
Add caption

No comments: