Saturday, August 18, 2012

little things

It's well past time for a post on the little things.

Things like:

1. My impatiens and begonias in shades of pink and white are thriving and filling out that little city corner just outside our apartment. Morning glory vines are climbing through the chain-link fence, and pink-and-lime green coleus is brightening the edge of the garden.
2. A lovely mix of sun and crisp, cool breeze today, shared with a friend at my husband's football game this morning.
3. The riot of color, sound, fragrance, and texture in fresh blueberries, concord grapes, heirloom tomatoes, brilliant sunflowers, fresh-cut basil, bustling crowds, the empanada stand, a mandolin player with an open case of change, cool, smooth brown eggs, the weight of a full grocery sack, and the laughter of friends at the public market this morning
4. Having enough to eat and drink today - a blessing I often miss. And having food I like!
5. The cuddliness of my Norah-cat, who usually prefers playtime over petting
6. The exciting anticipation and the rhythm and comfortable pattern of knit, purl, knit, cable, knit as I make a vest for our baby boy - and feeling his kicks and twists as I knit.
7.  A normal day - a day where I wake up next to my peacefully sleeping hubby, notice the sun streaming through the blinds, feed the cats, ride in the car, enjoy friends, prepare and eat meals, and relax at home - a day where nothing went wrong. A day of safety, peace, fun, rest, joy, comfort.
8. Owning a vacuum that works well. It's a relief to know that I can trust it to get rid of most of the scattered kitty fur and dust.
9. The convenience of having the internet at my fingertips whenever I need it
10. The comfort of knowing that everything will be okay, because Someone Bigger is the one in whom all things hold together.

And those are just a few of the little things. What are you thanking God for today?

No comments: