Thursday, April 15, 2010

trying



lately, i've had a lot more free time than usual. this could be a good thing, but the free time has been accompanied by mild depression, which, characteristically for me, follows times of too much stress. I have had zero motivation for anything - not even for things I enjoy doing. Today was the first day I felt like I actually accomplished anything I've been meaning to do...and my list only included making a return, buying apples, making a pie, doing laundry, calling for optometrist appointments, going to the gym, and filing papers.

Alas. But I have been taking pictures. It's a joyful thing for me - to capture something and to view it closer than I can in real life.

Another joyful thing for me is singing, but I can't seem to get myself to practice like I should! I have had enough time in every day to do this, but it just doesn't get done. Part of the deterrent is my digital piano - it doesn't have external speakers, so i have to practice with earbuds in my ears. It's hard to hear myself like that. Regardless, I should still be practicing. Right now.

But I'm not! And I'm frustrated about this, but still having a hard time getting myself to practice.

No comments: