Saturday, January 8, 2011

one down, one to go

I just finished my first exam of the day. I was absolutely convinced that I would be taking the Music History exam first... what a shock it was to me when the Theory professor walked in. I was not mentally prepared for the Theory exam, though I've been studying all week. I was just expecting History...

So I dove in. I couldn't really remember the figured bass that I had studied, there was a modulation example and I was frustrated... I almost cried right there.

I turned forward a few pages, and worked on the 20th century Theory part. Not bad. I actually remembered most of what I needed to do! That was great.

The analysis section was tougher than I had hoped. I do think I got the overall form correct - rondo form - but I'm not sure about much else there. I just got so overwhelmed! I'm just hoping I passed enough to be done.

I came home and made pancakes and fried some bacon for lunch - the hubby was happy. :o) I also did some preparations for dinner tonight, which will be pulled pork (courtesy of the crock pot), mashed potatoes, corn, and corn muffins. Yummy! (I hope)

Now I'm going to head back to school to take the second exam of the day...and this time, it really is History. Here goes!

1 comment:

-stephanie- said...

And it was yummy!!! You'll have to let me know how the exam goes (did you take it yet???)