Monday, January 10, 2011

seriously?

not. okay.

I took the Music Theory exam for the second time around on Saturday morning. Like I said in this post, I knew that there were things that I didn't do well, but I thought it was okay enough to pass. I evidently passed one of the three sections - only the 20th century Theory. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that I would now have to take a review course (read: extra cost) to make up the "deficiency" in my knowledge. It also wouldn't be so bad if the professor hadn't written this: "I regret to inform you that you did not pass the chromatic harmony portion and the form and analysis section of the placement exam although you showed some improvement and manage to pass the twentieth century techniques section."

Manage to pass? 1. She is Asian, but seriously, she should know how to use the language as a teacher in an American college. 2. And to imply that it was surprising that I would pass? 3. And to merely concede that I showed some improvement? It made me want to cry.

Not that I didn't have enough on my plate already, or anything.

What is it that God wants me to do? He is the only one I need to please. I'm struggling to hear, to see the direction I should take, and to have the hope I need to get me through this.

1 comment:

Kristen [Teamfuest] said...

oh linnea, how frustrating. praying for you today.