Monday, April 11, 2011

a bump in the road

At the risk of being vague, my husband and I are unexpectedly receiving some of the raindrops that God uses to carry life's blessings. I have shed very few tears over this turn of events, and we're both trusting that there must be something wonderful around the corner. Nevertheless, it hurts. It's difficult to focus on schoolwork, to see our friends able to do things that we simply can't. It's frustrating to know that what we thought was secure is not.

But we have each other, and a God whose eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen from what has been made. He does not change like shifting shadows, and he is from everlasting to everlasting. My life circumstances are confusing, troublesome, and unfair from any human perspective, but God is in control of the outcome. He will have the glory, and he will work in and through me to achieve his work. May I be a humble, willing, worthy vessel through both the times of joy and this time of pain.

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Hang in there, girl! If there's anything I can do, let me know!

Meg said...

Praying for you & Brad!