Friday, May 13, 2011

little things


It's the littlest things that give me the most pleasure:

hugs from my husband
surprise phone calls from friends
encouraging words from my mom
forget-me-not flowers
chocolate cupcakes - even without frosting
Oscar-cat weaving himself around my ankles
simple dinners at home with my hubby
bargains at my favorite stores
flip flops
great finds at thrift shops
swap-meets! got new-to-me shoes today.
knitting and crafting of most kinds
new journals, crisp pages, smooth writing pens
playing piano as long as I want to
singing a new song and doing well on the first try
conducting and realizing that the choir is singing every move I show them
enjoying the contrast of blue sky and new leaf green
sunshine.
warm enough air to wear cute tank tops
no homework
free time
enough sleep on pretty floral pillowcases

1 comment:

-stephanie- said...

Amen sister!!!

I can just sense the relief of an ended semester (o:

Hope we can spend some of this relaxed time with you guys soon!