Friday, August 19, 2011

lament for a sewing machine c. 1980-2011

heavy steel, delicate thread
well-oiled parts, clean and sharp
just enough give and take

quiet years, dusty case
easily replaced, old and dull
almost forgotten

opened box, new notions
new-found friend, light and use
a chance to assist and create

one, two, three, more
inspired projects, peace and delight
a passion and pastime

halted work, crunched grip
knotted thread, tight and pulled
too much to take

patient hands, labored, slow
restored function, not quite right
back in the box



--------------

All that to say, I'm really frustrated that my sewing machine is not working properly. I can't do any projects until it's fixed or until I have a new one. Just in time for school to start, right? I guess that can't distract me anymore. Studies, here I come. Sad face.

Update 9/25/11: The sewing machine has made its way to the shop. Hoping that it doesn't cost a whole lot, and that it works again soon! In the meantime, I have my MIL's old workhorse of a sewing machine in case I want to sew...correction, if I have time to sew!

No comments: