Wednesday, August 3, 2011

this thrifty weekend

This weekend, I was able to spend a couple days with my parents, and it just happened to be the weekend that my little hometown has their annual garage sale day. Sweet! I walked around town for a couple hours, and scored a bunch of great stuff, all for under $15 (that's all I had in my wallet!)

  • a pretty vintage fitted sheet for a double-size bed - $1
  • a red Pyrex mixing bowl - $3
  • two mini muffin pans at 50 cents each - one for me, one for my sister-in-law. She also found a great new pair of Teva sandals for just $20.
  • an antique glass knife - great for cutting tomatoes, and $4
  • two larger Pyrex yellow square bowls - $2.50
  • a vintage Christmas tablecloth - free! from my aunt
  • a vintage white-on-white tablecloth with lilies of the valley on it - free, from my aunt
  • a vintage white-on-white tablecloth with polka dots - free, from my mom
  • a metal canister with roses on it - 50 cents. This now holds my tea bags that formerly had no home.
All this was very happy, especially since I carried it around town in my cute new packable polka dot reusable bag that I got the last time I went thrifting. Hooray!

Later in the day, my mom, sister-in-law, and I went shopping in a nearby city, where there's a great store called Clothes Mentor. I found absolutely no clothes for me this time, but I did get two pairs of Clark's shoes, at only $12 and $14 a pair! Sweet! One pair is the perfect shade of brown, for which I've been searching for a long time now. The other is black, and will work so well for choir this coming year. Hooray!! Thus ended the fabulously thrifty weekend.

No comments: