Monday, October 17, 2011
weeknight potato soup
Tonight I made potato soup for the hubby and me! It turned out well, so I'm sharing. The recipe, that is. :o) This is a Linnea original.
Quick Potato Soup
3-4 medium red potatoes, or 2-3 peeled russet potatoes
1 large carrot
5-6 strips thick bacon
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 clove garlic
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/4" cubes, leaving the skin on.
2. Peel the carrot and quarter it lengthwise, and then cut thin slices.
3. Combine the carrot and potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add the cream of chicken soup. Use the soup can to measure 1.5 cans of skim milk into the pan. Find the garlic press and squish the clove of garlic into the pan. Stir to combine.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer - keep it uncovered to avoid a mess. Meanwhile, cook the bacon. I used the microwave to keep the smell contained. Trim the fat from the bacon, cut into bite-size pieces, and add to the soup.
5. Add black pepper, paprika, and chives to taste. I didn't add any salt because the bacon is salty enough.
6. When potatoes and carrots are tender, add 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, stirring until it melts.
8. Rake in the compliments from hubby
9. Blog about it
10. Take the leftovers to school and eat it for lunch!