Friday, December 9, 2011

still, here.

Last week was a whirlwind of rehearsals (3) and concerts (5) and long travel (3 destinations). It was a big deal that I actually made dinner and had something for my husband to take to work this week. It was a big deal that I ate at all!

This week has been one of catching up, of resting, of procrastinating, of re-starting exercise, of planning next semester (the last one of my Master's program), and of just being still. Toward the end of the semester, I find that it's increasingly difficult to be still, even over breakfast - before anything has even happened. The stress builds, exams and projects pile up, and I begin to feel less in control. My leg shakes, my hands aren't steady, acid reflux becomes a daily thing, and I lose weight without trying.

So I'm holding onto this: "Be still, and know that I am God.; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted on the earth." (Psalm 46:10)

Nothing that happens in the next few minutes, hours, or days will change the security I have in God or his power at work in my life. Everything will be alright. Many things will be blessed. But I must be diligent and strive for the best I can be in each thing - making time for rest, health, and people.

No comments: