Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scandinavian snowflake hat

I made a hat! More knitting for our baby boy, of course.


I'm working my way through my yarn stash, trying very hard not to purchase anything new. As long as I keep my little feet out of craft stores and my mouse away from the Lion Brand website and Ravelry, we'll be good.

There was almost a full skein of navy blue acrylic yarn. I seem to remember purchasing it on a music ministry team trip in college, but I can't remember what the brand was...I only know we were at Wal-Mart. Funny. The light blue yarn is what was left of a Patons acrylic tweed skein that I bought to make infant hats for the little twin boys I watched when we lived in Ithaca. Together, the two colors look great! At least, I think so!
 
The hat is a toddler size, and will be just right for next winter, I hope. I borrowed the snowflake chart from this pattern, and I think I may retroactively add earflaps to my improvised hat pattern so that it looks a bit like this one. The tassel on the top was fun to knit, and an easy way to finish the project. The hat is thick and cozy - just right for our snowy winters. What do you think of it?



2 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Ok, so if my phone cooperates - I'm about to send you a picture of THE CUTEST knitted baby hat idea - think you can handle the challenge??!!! (o: I got it in my Motherhood Maternity bag yesterday with my receipt! LOVE the snowflake hat! So adorable!

Karen said...

Beautiful knitting, Linnea; I'm so proud of you. You inspire me.