Wednesday, April 10, 2013

hello! I'm still here!

Greetings, blog world. I'm still here. It has been a whirlwind here in our home, and blogging has been way at the bottom of the list. Even now, there are dirty dishes in the sink and wet laundry in the machine that I'm ignoring for the moment while the sweet baby sleeps.

Baby Joshua at four months

That sweet baby boy is already four months old! Joshua is smiling, cooing, playing, teething(!!), rolling both ways, and holding his head up so well. He also cries more than average, we think, perhaps out of his frustration at not being able to communicate. We'll get there; I'm trying to teach him some baby sign language. Joshua doesn't sleep through the night yet, so I'm exhausted, but he's growing and happy, so we're trying to deal with the interrupted sleep. I'm so thankful that Brad lets me stay home with the baby; it seems like the very best thing for both the baby and me. He's such a good husband and daddy. I love to see him play with Joshie and hold him. :o)
We celebrated Easter here for the first time with just our own little family - mommy, daddy, and baby - at our own church in our new city.


And soon, we'll be moving to our very own house! Yes, friends, you heard that right - we bought a house! I'm excited to share it with you once we're moved in and settled a bit. It may be a couple months before I get to the blogging part, though.

In other news, I've been given a blog award! Whoa! It's called the Liebster Award - sounds like German for "love" to me. Thank you to Sara at The Emet Mommy for nominating me. I'm going to work on finishing that post, but it will take me a while. I won't forget, Sara, but I'll need some time!

No comments: