Sunday, April 21, 2013

little things

Tonight, my little guy has gone to bed a few minutes early, so I have a bit of time to write! Here are some of the little things I count as blessings:

1. I'm thankful for the golden orange sun shining off the roofs of the buildings across the street as the sun sets over our city.
2. There are green buds on the trees outside our bathroom window, forsythia flowers spilling over the fence, and lots of robins playing in the (very large) puddle (pond) in the parking lot.
3. My husband was home with us all day as we enjoyed the Sunday service, a quiet lunch of leftovers, and some much-needed family down time.
4. Our new dining room is RED! And I've surprised the cool-colors, conservatively-decorating, introverted me by loving it. So excited.
5. We're moving on Saturday! And very little is packed. But with that, I realize that we have an abundance of possessions. We have much for which to be thankful. How often have I taken these things for granted? How much do I invest in these things that I should be giving to other, more important things? Taking stock of more than stuff as I pack things into boxes, taping and labeling like crazy.
6. I love the way that it stays lighter longer as the seasons lean toward warmer weather. Thanks to God for providing something lovely in every season.
7. I'm trying a dairy-free diet to help my son's digestive troubles go away...I hope they go away! I've discovered that almond milk is pretty delicious, as long as I'm not expecting it to taste like milk. And rice cheese flavored like cheddar is good. Next week, I'll try rice milk.

The cute reason for the temporary diet change
8.  I got to wear one of my favorite skirts today - the purple one with pockets. I felt cute and I feel great about beginning to get back to my previous size. Now, I need to regain muscle tone... how to fit in exercise?
9. Paper plates. This week, I am grateful for them.
10. My family: in-laws, parents, siblings. For good friends. For lots of prayer. God has blessed us in every way, and with more than we could have imagined.

What are you thanking Him for today?

No comments: