Friday, September 27, 2013

darning in action

Quite a while ago, I wrote a little tutorial on how to fix knit garments that get holes in them. I showed you a mitten and a glove, and said that you could use the same process to fix most any kind of knit article you care to keep.

Today, I pulled out one of Joshua's hand-me-down shirts, only to find that there was a small hole in the back. It's a really cute polo shirt, so it made perfect sense for me to just darn it!

Here's the finished project:
I believe that you can click on the picture to see it larger.


Let me know if you try fixing any of your holey clothes or accessories, and show me how they turn out!

Incidentally, this is my 300th post on this blog. I didn't realize I had so much to say! It has meant a lot to me to be able to put my "pen to paper" and to process my thoughts this way. Thank you for your encouragement, kind words, and thoughts as I share my life with you like this! I hope that you are also encouraged and inspired as you read.

No comments: