Wednesday, September 18, 2013

knitting for my little one

I made this hat for Joshua well before he was born, intending that he wear it this fall. And it fits! However, little guys don't so much like to keep things on their heads, regardless of how stylish they are, and my grandmother wisely suggested that I add earflaps and ties to keep it on his head.

pestering the cat, as usual
I finally got around to doing that just yesterday, and here is the finished product on my sweet baby's head.


And how?(Warning, knitting abbreviations ahead.)

Pick up 9 stitches on one side of the hat.
K five rows in stockinette stitch.
On the right side, K1, K2tog, K to three stitches before the end, ssk, K1. (7 stitches)
Purl 1 row.
K1, K2tog, K to three stitches before the end, ssk, K1. (5 stitches)
Purl.
K1, K2tog, s1, return two stitches to left needle, K2tog, K1. (3 stitches)
Purl.
Knit.
Using the three remaining stitches, continue knitting to form I-cord. Add a cute little tassel.
Repeat on the other side!


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sooo cute! Both him and the hat ;) How do you know how small or big to knit a hat for him?

Mom said...

So cute! Great job, Linnea.