remember how I mentioned that swap meet in my previous post? The one where everything was free? I donated some of my stuff, and picked up these awesome finds:
Tommy Hilfiger boat shoes in plaid oilcloth, lined with canvas, rubber soles. They're almost ballet flat style - just feminine enough. Love! Can't believe I found my size (5.5). Similar shoes sell for $59 or more!
2. This one was a real surprise - I don't usually like Vera Bradley stuff, but this ID holder in "pinwheel pink" caught my eye. It was originally $12, but is on sale for $8. And for me, free.
3. A light blue wool cable-knit scarf and hat set. Beautiful! The scarf is a snuggly 9" wide and hangs to mid- thigh when I don't wrap it. Unbelievably, I'm actually wearing it comfortably right now because it's in the 40's here. In May. All sadness aside, I love it.
4. A cute red swingy tank top - shirred at the empire waist with wide straps that cross over in the back. It's made of cotton t-shirt material, so it will be super comfy for summer.
5. a wool sweater that I have already shrunk (on purpose!!) to use as a reinforcement for my hubby's wearing-thin boiled wool slippers. He loves those slippers - I'm going to try to extend their life.
6. new-ish cleats for my brother's golf game.
I would've stayed longer and dug for more, but Hubby was with me and was getting antsy. All in all, a total success. Yay!