Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I couldn't share with you all then, but I can now! My Valentine's Day was beautiful and full of reminders of how much I'm loved. But beyond the gift of having my husband home with me, he also brought me a little tangible gift.

I gave him his gift first - you can see that here. Then, he asked me to close my eyes and hold out my hands (just like when he proposed to me, slipping the ring on my finger). When I reached out, this is what he put in my hands:


"Are you sure?" I asked, with surprise and joy in my voice, almost in tears.


"Yes," he replied with quiet confidence. His strong arms reached out and pulled me in for a hug, as he whispered his love for me and a second affirmation, "I'm ready."


I'll cherish that moment for always! 

So grateful to God for the promise, the hope, and the big (little!) blessing we've been given. 

Love you for always, my dear husband! Excited for this new time of life with you.