Monday, October 31, 2011

I did it.

I fit in Pilates today. You may now congratulate me.

** applause **

It has been a few weeks since I've done Pilates, which should really happen every single day. Not to mention that I haven't been to the gym in more than a week. Bad. I'm going tomorrow - promise. Exercising helps with my stress management, and I really should see it as essential, just as essential as eating and sleeping.

My (admittedly ambitious) plan is to do Pilates every evening when I come home, to go to the gym for cardio every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and to do the total body at-home workout I found on Pinterest in the mornings. Maybe you saw that? It's the one that includes doing 50 jumping jacks, sets of pushups, crunches, squats, planks, etc.

And why am I being so ambitious? Well, 1. I know I'll need to boost my endorphins because of the stress I'm facing in this situation 2. It's cold in this house because I don't like to pay for the exorbitantly expensive electric heat 3. Exercise helps me stay energized and motivated 4. I sleep better 5. It helps me to release stress without negativity 6. I need to lose the 5-8 pounds I've gained since I started this bc pill (amazingly, hubby thinks I still look great. I am very thankful for this - he is a blessing to me).

So support me in this? I'm gonna try my best. It will be hard to choose the time to do exercise over the work that must be done for school, the housework that needs to be done, trotting all over blog land, creating Christmas presents, and the other, four-legged and furry distractions.

Trying.
Hoping.
Praying.
Success?

No comments: